May 2, 2015
8 Immortal(s) in Hindu Mythology
Chiranjeevi:(8) Immortal(s) in Hindu Mythology Chiranjeevins are the eight long-lived persons in Hinduism. The word is a combination of "chiram" (long) and jeevi (lived). This word is often confused with immortality ("amaratva").
1. Ashwathama, was a man cursed to immortality and eternal suffering without love from anybody for his role in the murder of the five sons of the Pandavas and his attempted murder of Arjunas grandson. Ashwathama was Pandavas teacher and Dronacharyas Son. He was cursed by the god to remain deserted as he killed five sons of pandavas.
2. King Mahabali, a righteous demon King (Bali), whose pride was curbed by lord Vishnu lives in Patala. He was blessed and sent there by Visnhus incarnation of Vamana. He conquered heaven, earth, and the underworld, but was forced to giveit back by Vamana.
3. Sage Vyasa, a sage who narrated the Mahabharata, he was also a sage in the epic. He was blessed by Lord Vishnu and Ganesha and was the ‘Maharshi’ who parted the Vedas. He is called as Rishi VEDVYAS.
4. Lord Hanumana, who served Lord Rama in Ramanyan. Hanuman, the son of pavana, is Immortal by his own desire, till the name of Lord Ram exists and was blessed by Devi Sita.
5. King Vibhishana, Ravanas brother who was made King of Lanka and blessed by lord Ram.
6. Kripacharya, a teacher of the princes in the Mahabharata. Kripacharya was Ashwatthamas maternal uncle and Dronacharyas brother in law. He was blessed by Shri Krishna in Mahabharata to remain immortal.
7. Parashurama, was the son of Rishi Jamadagni and 6th incarnation (Avatar) of lord Vishnu.
8. Markandeya, a great Sage (Rishi). Lord Shiva gave him his own 12 years of life.
There are several other personages known as chiranjeevins,like Jambavantha (Jambavan). However, in Hinduism, "immortal" does notmean eternal. Even immortal things are dissolved at the end of the universe,including its secondary creator Brahma. The only eternals are Vishnu and Shiva ofthe Trimurti, i.e. manifestations of Brahman (the Supreme Reality), Sheshanaga (the Eternal Serpent), and the four-Vedas.
Shiva trans || om trans music || Shiva status for WhatsApp || 2018 Shiva trans || om trans music || Shiva status for WhatsApp |...
Lord Rama Hindu God Lord Rama is the 7th incarnation of Hindu God lord Vishnu and the central figure of the Ramayan...
Lord Narsinmha Narasimha, the fourth incarnation of god Vishnu, is half-lion half-human. This incarnation is to to alleviate t...
Kali: The Dark Mother The love between the Divine Mother kali (mahakali) and her human children is a unique relationship. Goddess Kali ...